Wednesday, March 11, 2009

San Jose Culture Examiner: Readers question facts of Scoot Dogg arrest story

According to a couple commenters on my post yesterday about the widely reported arrest of East Palo Alto rapper Scoot Dogg in a weekend gang sweep, the facts do not add up.

I have to come clean about this: I did not check the facts of the matter personally. Because I am mostly an unpaid blogger, not a full-time reporter, I relied on articles by professional journalists who are responsible for checking their facts prior to publication.

Anyway, although I was quoting articles by other journalists, I am not off the hook if I perpetuate inaccurate information. If the facts in my earlier blog post are wrong, whereever I got them, I am sorry.

The truly important thing to keep in mind, of course, is that all of the suspects arrested in the Bay Area-wide sweep of the Taliban gang are still suspects, innocent until proven guilty -- if they even have their day in court.

CLICK HERE for the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment